What is PMS?
PMS stands for premenstrual syndrome: a series of temporary symptoms that appear about a week before you get your period. It’s different for every girl. You might find that your mood changes 🙃 or 😧 you might feel some physical discomfort.
Here are some signs so you can recognize PMS:
- You feel more emotional, irritable, or angry, 😠, or you have mood swings
- You feel sad, depressed, or anxious 😭
- You have trouble concentrating
- 😩 You feel tired
- You have headaches, stomach aches, or nausea 🤢
- Your lower back and your breasts ache
- Tu as mal au bas du dos et aux seins
- More pimples than usual show up on your face
- You have cravings for sweet or salty foods
You might have one or more of these symptoms. They only last a few days and they’re perfectly natural.
PMS can be useful: it warns you that your period is coming and it’s time to put a sanitary napkin, tampon, or menstrual cup in your purse!
If you feel a lot of pain or discomfort before your period, consult a doctor, pharmacist, or other health care professional. There are some medications that can help relieve the headaches, nausea, and stomach aches.